Thread: The Best Cycling Deals Available In The UK

The Best Cycling Deals Available In The UK

As the clock ticks into 2020, the January sales begin, and cycling deals become available. Here's our roundup of the best deals in the UK.

The January sales are a great way to get more for your money when spending your Christmas pocket money.

So that you can spend more time focussing on your new year's resolutions, or catching up on all the work you've been putting off over Christmas, we've done the hard work and hand-picked some of the best deals from the January sales and outlined them below.

Looking for USA deals? Head over to our USA after-Christmas sales roundup

Should that not be enough, we've also taken a good gander at the retailers that are getting involved with the January sales, and put together a small roundup of who they are and what they're up to; call it a late Christmas gift!

At this time of year, it's not uncommon to feel the pinch of the purse strings, so don't overstretch yourself just because something is discounted by 50 per cent, but if you've been on the hunt for a new bike, the latest GoPro, or a posh new pair of cycling shoes anyway, then why not do your wallet a favour and take advantage of the January sales?

Scroll down and enjoy a browse of our pick of the best cycling deals in the January sales, and be sure to come back and let us know if we've missed any.

However, we do have a page dedicated to road bike deals, and another on how to get the cheapest Zwift setup. Perfect for if you don't find what you're looking for here.

Glasgow mum among those who have all their Christmas shopping done by January – and one even starts at 5am on Boxing Day

January is the best time to buy all your essentials and presents. I am a super-organised person. I have budget calendars to make sure I stay on top of things. I have both sides of the family to buy for, which is usually around ten people. I will spend roughly £300 altogether.

"I buy everything for next year’s Christmas, including wrapping paper, decorations and advent calendars, as well as Christmas pyjamas, jumpers and all the gifts.

"It can make January quite a challenge, as I spend my lunch hours scouring shops to get the best deals. It isn’t very relaxing. I often shop online and I love the “click and collect” options. It has made my job so much easier and I can arrange to collect my goodies after work or on lunch.

Louis Vuitton to close Hong Kong shop as protests bite

Louis Vuitton, the world’s biggest luxury goods brand by sales, is preparing to shut one of its shops in Hong Kong where protests have hit demand as high rental costs bite, the South China Morning Post newspaper reported on Friday.

The handbag firm plans to close its store in the Times Square mall, the paper said, citing sources close to the matter. The company says on its website it has eight shops in Hong Kong. The newspaper said the decision to close the shop came after the company failed to reach an agreement with its landlord to cut the rent in the mall outlet.

Wharf Holdings, the shopping center’s owner and Vuitton did not immediately respond to requests for comment. Vuitton’s parent group LVMH (LVMH.PA), the Paris-based conglomerate behind other fashion brands like Christian Dior and Hennessy cognac, declined to comment. High-end fashion labels have hunkered down in Hong Kong since anti-government demonstrations escalated in June, hoping the turmoil would ease in one of the world’s top shopping destinations.

We're all aware of how expensive the sport of cycling can be, but it doesn't have to be that way. If you shop savvy and look in the right places, there are plenty of cycling deals to be found.

Subscribe to Cycling Retailers' Newsletters: Many cycling retailers in the UK offer exclusive deals and discounts to their subscribers. Signing up for newsletters from major cycling retailers can give you access to these offers.

Check Cycling Forums and Communities: Websites and forums dedicated to cycling often have sections where members share deals they've found. Platforms like BikeRadar, Cycling UK forums, or even Reddit's cycling communities can be valuable resources.

Follow Cycling Retailers on Social Media: Retailers often announce flash sales, clearance events, and exclusive deals on their social media channels. Follow your favorite cycling retailers on platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to stay updated.

Use Price Comparison Websites: Websites like PriceSpy, PriceRunner, and CamelCamelCamel can help you compare prices across different retailers and track price changes over time, ensuring you get the best deal possible.

Keep an Eye on Seasonal Sales: Look out for seasonal sales events like Black Friday, Cyber Monday, or end-of-season clearance sales. Many retailers offer significant discounts during these periods.

Consider Second-Hand Marketplaces: Websites like eBay, Gumtree, and Facebook Marketplace can be treasure troves for finding used cycling gear at discounted prices. Just make sure to inspect items carefully before purchasing.

Visit Local Bike Shops: Sometimes local bike shops offer great deals and discounts, especially on older models or during clearance sales. It's worth checking them out to see if they have any promotions running.

Join Cycling Clubs: Some cycling clubs have partnerships with retailers or access to group discounts. Joining a club could give you access to exclusive deals and offers.