Thread: England thrash United States 45-7 in Rugby World Cup

Blog Entries

England thrash United States 45-7 in Rugby World Cup

2019 Rugby World Cup: England v United States
    England: (19) 45
    Tries: Cokanasiga 2, Ford, Vunipola, Cowan-Dickie, McConnochie, Ludlam Cons: Ford 5
    United States: (0) 7
    Try: Campbell Con: MacGinty
    Red card: Quill

Man of the match: George Ford

England head coach Eddie Jones: "The conditions were such it was like a wet weather game but we found our rhythm and tempo really well in the second half. We made some handling mistakes but we will improve.

"They had 14 players in the line and it was hard to get a numerical advantage. As soon as we started to play through them we were much better."
    England had gone 240 minutes without conceding a try in World Cup matches before Campbell scored at the end
    I Love UK Speaks
    UK Speaks - Talk About UK

Blog Entries
    Eddie Jones hails George Ford's leadership as England thrash USA 45-7
    The United States were reduced to 14 men in the 70th minute when flanker John Quill received the first red card of this World Cup for an illegal shoulder charge

“Good win again. We had to work for it again. USA very physical, passionate team, so we had to earn that win. I thought we did that pretty well,” said Ford.

Cowan-Dickie's bonus-point try against Tonga did not arrive until four minutes from time, but England had no such problems in this match.
    I Love UK Speaks
    UK Speaks - Talk About UK

Megri.co.UK provides daily and latest sports news, for more information check https://www.megri.co.uk/sports.